Testa Barra is an upbeat restaurant from co-chefs Mike Baldwin and Gabriella Rodriguez-Baldwin, inspired by a spin on modern Northern Italian cuisine. This local neighborhood haunt churns out thin, hand-tossed pizzas as well as scratch-made pasta variations from love and much more. Testa Barra reimagines modern Italian cuisine with a twist! Our Director of Operations & Sommelier, Jeffrey Baldwin, guides our mixology team to keep evolving our beverage program using high-quality ingredients and refined spirits to craft contemporary cocktails. Our talented bar team marries classic recipes with modern concepts, fresh herbs and hand-squeezed juices to create innovative libations. Level 2 Sommelier Brian Herbon has developed a wine menu that features delightful old and new world flavors.
- 2016 – Jeff and Rosemarie Baldwin announce “Baldwin Restaurant Group” adding family members Co-Chefs Mike and Gabriella to the group.
- 2017 – Molly’s Menu Pick: Hour Magazine, Beet and Brussel Pizza
- 2017 – Jeffrey Baldwin Jr. joins the family business as Director of Operations and Sommelier. BRG mixologists collaborate to create our first “BRG brand tequila” with a major tequila company.
- 2017 – Chief Marketing Officer, Rosemarie Baldwin’s maiden name Testa (hard head) brings her Italian side of the family together…her ultimate dream come true. Barra, an island off Scotland, celebrates Chef Jeff’s Scottish and English heritage.
- 2019 – Chef Gabriella appears on Food Network’s “Guys Grocery Games” and WINS! Rose, Mike and Gabriella appeared on Valerie Bertinelli’s “Family Food Showdown” and make our town proud – we won…again! Watch it on Food Network if you missed out.
- 2019 – BRG and Detroit City Distillery collaborate to create “Hard Head Gin”.
- 2020 – Chef Mike & Chef Gab welcome their first-born son, Hudson Baldwin.